"These kids are tough" said the opposing coach from Greece.
That summarizes the two games Team Worley/Selke had in the league opener on Saturday, 12/4/10 at the Gates Chili facility.
"We ran into a couple of tough squads to open the season. However, I our boys battled hard and are intent on learning the game. That's more that we can ask for at this point in the season" said Coach Worley.
A few highlights include:
- Tyler Selke showed tremendous ball handling and poise as he led all HFL Cougar scorers against Greece. "Tyler is lightning quick and is really starting to cross guys up with his Iverson-esque cross-over.
- Chris Hart POUNDED the boards and showed how a big man can be quick too.
- Hunter Roles quickly adjusted to the pace of the game working hard on both ends of the court. "We expect big things out of Hunter this season. He is a diamond in the rough". said coach Worley.
- Josh Alcorn showed how pure shooting is still alive and well with some "picture perfect" shooting form. "Josh Alcorn ... are you putting that picture in the article? If you are, I don't need to say anythiing ... the kid is a pure shooter". said Worley
- David O'Connel showed his leadership by example once again. "David led all Cougar scorers vs Pittsford, played lock-down D and led all rebounders for the day. "David is our Team Leader whether he knows it or not. He leads by example with his hustle and attitude, every day, every play." said Worley
- "Will Gaylord just keeps getting better and better every day. The kid is fast and can jump better than anyone on our Team. He will be a force as the season progresses." Worley said
- Jack Eastman played all around solid basketball. "Jack is a rock. He always guards the toughest guys and his number is called when we need a bucket" said Worley. Eastman again was one of the leading scorers again for the Team.
- Matt Worley played strong all around ball finishing among the leaders in rebounding, playing tough D and scorinng a few points as well.